Main features currently implemented¶
- Package are described in a declarative file (inspired from Cabal and RPM .spec files), so you can easily introspect basic features of packages without running any python code (besides bento).
- A command line interface to configure, build, install projects.
- Easy integration with native filesystem conventions: every install directory is customizable at the configure stage (autoconf-inspired).
- Building eggs without depending on setuptools.
- Simple C-extension building framework, with content-based automatic dependency tracking, and parallel build support.
- Recursive package description support
- Hooks for customizing arbitrary stages (configure, build, etc...)
- Easy to implement new commands
- Windows installer support and basic egg support.
- Scons/waf libraries to interact with Scons and Waf build tools, so that complex packages can have access to a real build system with dependencies handling.
- Conversion to native packages (.deb, .rpm, .msi, etc...)